Need a quick weeknight dish? This Greek Penne and Chicken recipe is one of our standbys because it’s easy to make in as little as twenty minutes, we almost always have the ingredients in the pantry, and it’s delicious!
Greek Penne and Chicken
- 1/2 16 oz pkg penne pasta 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 14 oz can artichoke hearts in water cut into large chunks
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley can also substitute 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese ground black pepper to taste
- Begin heating the pasta water. If it comes to a boil before finishing the preparation steps, just turn it off and cover with a lid.
- Prepare the onion and garlic.
- Cut the artichoke hearts and tomato and combine with the spices and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Dice the chicken and set aside.
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook penne pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat melt butter, add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped chicken and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the artichoke hearts, chopped tomato, fresh parsley, lemon juice, and dried oregano. Stir to combine, the add the drained penne pasta. Cook until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add feta cheese and mix. Don't let cheese melt too much Season with salt (optional) and ground black pepper. Serve warm.